Monday, January 16, 2012

Fibby Forever

        I've reached a point in my life where I can both realize and accept that people come and go. Coming from a girl who went to the same school with the same kids for over half her life, and has lived in the same small town for all of it, the concept has always seemed so unnatural to me. Aren't people supposed to stick around for your whole life? Well, clearly not. That's probably a good thing though, because frankly, theres only so much of a person I can take.

It's only a matter of time before the monkey eats the banana.

        It doesn't matter what kind of title a person has. Whether it's your best friend, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your "special" friend, your stalker, whoever, there's nothing written in stone commanding that this person follow you on your journey to the grave. It's likely that the day you die, there will be at least a few (hopefully) that have in fact been with you on that journey. I'm just saying that there's not any  definiteness to it. There's not even any definiteness to your mom loving you. There's no definiteness to anything. There's kind of a beauty to that. Life is an array of options. Hell, it's optional itself (but we'd like you step back from that ledge).



Here's a little video to calm your suicidal thoughts, my friend... I've got blista's on ma' finga's!

        Fading relationships aren't always the consequence of lack of loyalty. People change and paths separate. It may be sorrowful for now, but not for always. It'd be pretty boring to surround yourself with the same people, always. It's not even as if you can't remain close with someone you no longer have a relationship with. That sounds kind of oxymoronic but it's true. There's going to be those people that you will always feel comfortable with, even if you share none of the same morals or views and haven't spoken in ages. There's an ever-growing list of people I've got reserved bail for who I don't even talk to once a month. People are just weird that way.

and people are weird this way too...

        I'm sure I'll always have a "best friend". I'm just not sure that person will always be the same. I deeply care about the people I associate myself with... or I wouldn't associate with them. I do, however,  acknowledge that things will happen in our lives that require we say goodbye. This, I'm sure won't always be the case, but it probably will be a lot of the time. The people who withstand the test of time are obviously the keepers... and Fibby is a keeper! She is so, totally my bff. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it... 2 thumbs up

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

 
© Copyright 2035 Fibby's Modern Life
Theme by Yusuf Fikri