Sunday, May 8, 2011

My first mother's day!

        It dawned on me today in the produce section at Walmart that perhaps I deserve some flowers this Mother's day also along with you people that birthed human children. Fibby might not have 46 chromosomes, but she certainly is an expensive handful... and her outbursts are more painful than even the screeches of the most awry babies thanks to the talons that the Lord allotted her along with her 38 chromosomes. I'm not trying to complain about my new motherly duties by any means, don't get me wrong. In fact, I accept them full-heartedly . Besides, it's not like I had to produce milk and have her latch on to my nozzles with her splintery fangs. No, I entered into the joys of motherhood when the true torture of the job was done and over with. All I have to do now is handle cat excrement a lot more frequently than ever before and you know.. feed her, bathe her, take her to the vet, give her medicine, love on her, play even when I'm exhausted, and the worst that's come yet: force her to wear a cone that I know makes her miserable but is for her own good.. even if it breaks my wimpy heart. Before I put myself on a pedestal, I'm going to end this short blog post. Just wanted to inform you all of my celebratory spirits this Mother's Day and also I'd like to wish a happy one to the truly worthy recipients of appraisal this fine day (even if it is a bit late in the day) because I know it's probably a lot harder than caring for Fibby. Also, if anyone would like to give me a card or flowers that would be perfectly fine as well. ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

 
© Copyright 2035 Fibby's Modern Life
Theme by Yusuf Fikri