Monday, May 2, 2011

Introducing Conehead

         My cat looks like a spaceship. No really.


        So Fibby's spay went well other than the fact that she apparrently was in heat when I brought her in for her surgery which led to additional charges.. le sigh. Those veterinarians; they pocket your money faster than you can "meow?". That explains why she's been extra affectionate lately though. She's been all up in my grill like a monkey to a guy in a banana suit. I just made up that expression.. if you didn't notice. Anyway, twelve hours later I went to pick up Fibbs to find out that she has to wear a cone on her head for seven to ten days so she doesn't chew out her stitches (I thought the lady said 17 at first and almost screamed). She got the torture device off about 20 minutes after we got home of course since she takes after her houdini mother (the three-year-old me once had to be put in a straight jacket to have my stomach pumped after downing a bottle of cough syrup.. and still managed to get the tube out of my throat). I tightened it though and she hasn't magic'd  herself out of it yet, though she did manage to get through the doggie door with it on and that truly bewilders me... I know the thing is bendy but not really and honestly, she can hardly walk with the thing on much less maneuver herself through a doggie door with a width that is shorter than the diameter of the cone. I mean, what did she do; walk through it backwards with enough force to cause the fairly rigid cone to fold in on itself? I just imagine the twilight zone theme song.

doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo

        Either that or she is wondercat. I wouldn't be that surprised. She is wonderful. She is a cat.


which makes her wondercat.

        I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I have fallen head over heels for those face-in-the-holes. They are simply fantastic and crack me up. I don't know how Fibby feels about them because she is passed out. Her three medicines (which you all should know do not make for the most pleasurable experience to give her) make her loopy as hell and all she's been doing is sleeping, being hyper for ten minutes, and then sleeping some more. I don't mind too much because I am a big fan of ze cat naps myself (as you already know).



        Speaking of naps,  I missed mine today.. so this g-maw and her conehead kitty are tuckered out and we are gonna' hit the hay. I have no idea how Fibby sleeps with that contraption on her head but I suppose pain and uncomfort do not phase her hardcore self. Goodnight!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

 
© Copyright 2035 Fibby's Modern Life
Theme by Yusuf Fikri