Tuesday, September 6, 2011

When it Rains it Pours (Screw You Hurricane Irene)

        Sometimes life makes you want to throw the nearest object as far and as forcefully as you possibly can... and sometimes you have to throw that object (whether it be a pillow, a chihuahua, or a furbie) before you suffer a minor aneurysm and/or your brain spontaneously combusts. Then it surprises you and makes you feel like you're on cloud 9 and ain't nobody's got it better than you, gurl. Other times it throws you a complete curve ball and you actually end up *gasp* learning something. Learning some morals might not be so out of the ordinary for most of you sane people, but I am extremely hard headed and the long, unbeaten path is quite familiar to me.


        This month has felt like the shits to me. It didn't help that mother nature is throwing a fit on the east coast of the U.S.A. (and cuba... sorry cuba. you always get fucked). It has been windy as all hell, causin' all sorts of trouble for people in this particular area. Aside from the forecast however, it genuinely seems as though everybody has had a horrible time getting through this month. Seriously, was it like a full moon or something or did everything terrible and annoying just happen at the same time? At one point I was feeling relatively positive before I smelt burnt rubber and saw a chunk of my tire fly off through my rearview mirror. I wanted so badly to pound my head into my scorching hot steering wheel. I lusted for sweet, sweet unconsciousness... but I am a grown-up and I do grown-up things like stay alive.
        Then there's always men issues...


         and work-related issues...


        that really aren't worth going into detail about because I'm at risk for winning the whiner of the year award. The general concept is that Amanda Panda had a rough couple of weeks. Then I met Melle Anne for an interview for the Gull's Cry (the school newspaper that I write for at GCSC). She is almost entirely blind due to a disease called psuedotumor cerebri. It put into perspective just how relevant my day to day problems are with the entirety of my life. I might want to punch my coworker in the face tonight but I highly doubt I'll be living with that issue for the rest of my life. What I couldn't get over was the fact that she told me she was actually extremely depressed before she went blind and afterward felt like she was ready to live live. As if the fact that she wasn't going to let being blind kick her in the ass wasn't enough she took it one step further and held hands with the concept. I'm not going to get into the topic of Melle Anne too much because that is what I wrote the stinkin' article for after all (which I will post on here if there is a demand)... I just wanted to highlight what I admire most about her out of all of it and how it has brightened my month. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

 
© Copyright 2035 Fibby's Modern Life
Theme by Yusuf Fikri