Friday, February 18, 2011

Meow Meow Meow!

Meow meow meow meow meow!

         Fibby and I are welcoming you to our new blog, which we are so excited about that we might just piss outside the litterbox. I loved this kitty from the moment she laid her evil death stare upon my soul. I rescued her from an old burnt down house, where she was hiding from me underneath a shed for an hour. So I knelt down, looked into those big green eyes, and sang to her, "Baby girl, what's yo name? Lemme talk to ya, buy you a drank. I'm T-Pain, you know me. What's the chances of you rollin' with me?" (which I now know is not the correct lyrics). But anywho, to that her silent gaze implied, "100%, homie!." And that was that. I don't know why I sang that to her, but I did and I still do. So I took her home with me and we were not in the bed like ooh, ooh, ooh (you sick, sick people) but rather it was more along the lines of "Holy crap I want to play! Oh shoot nevermind, I meant I want to pee right here, right now!". That was the first, and only trip to the dry-cleaners for my beloved down comforter because she is a smart cookie and learned to do her business elsewhere.. which moved to a not-so secret spot behind a chair for a bit.

a couple days after Fibby became my roomie

        Fibby sounds kind of like a knock-off of the name Phoebe. But in reality, there is some meaning behind it. You see, before her genitalia grew recognizable, I had decided to name her (it, at the time) Ratchet after my favorite video game.. Ratchet & Clank. R&C is the bee's knees, okay, I don't care what anyone says. Well, after I decided to become her mommy, a trip to wal-mart was essential. I stuffed her in my coat and strutted on in with my possey, no biggie. It took about half a minute for an employee to ask if there was a kitten in my coat. I put on my most realistic offended face and said "No, this is my defibrillator". She was all taken aback and let me go on.. obviously she did not know what a defibrillator was or notice Fibby's tail hanging out... or maybe she was just amused, I don't really know. I decided that Fibby was an appropriate rendition of defibrillator though, and it stuck. 

This is definitely NOT a cat.

Ratchet is still her middle name in honor of the greatest lombax ever.

        Not too long after Fibby became a part of my life did she get sick. :(  There was something wrong with her upper respiratory system. She went to a bajillion vet appointments where she got prescribed all kinds of medicines that she was not a big fan of. I have battle wounds from trying to give her that stuff... and they made it taste like bubble-gum like oh gee I bet cats will love this stuff cause they totally chew bubble-gum... She also had to do steam therapy (sit in the bathroom while I shower). Eventually the bubble-gum drug, nose drops, steam therapy, and all that junk worked though and she was all betta'! Praise jeebus. She now sits in the bathroom every time I shower. Then again, she sits in my half-bath too when I'm in there.. not showering. I think she just has a bathroom fetish.

One of her many visits to the vet, being poked by Aunt HayHay.
creeper.
        
        Okie dokie artichokies, that pretty much sums up the major events of my life for the past two months (except for the traumatizing dawn soap baths to rid her of her fleas).

 
This didn't traumatize her nearly as much as the blowdryer, I will never even attempt that again.
  
       Oh no wait, I'm leaving out the time she pooped in my lap in the car.
 
My dog did this to me when he was a baby too, I guess it's some sort of twisted family tradition.
        
        Fibby is about four months old now. I pretend that her birthday is on October 23rd based on her weight the first time I took her to the vet. She's stinkin' cute and I love her. Not all posts will be entirely about her because the blog is about my life after Fibby joined it AND about her life after she was taken in by the best mommy ever, but a lot of them probably will be about her anyway because I spend way too much time with my kittay!

Fibby says thanks for reading and MOAR KITTAY VIDEOS NOW!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

 
© Copyright 2035 Fibby's Modern Life
Theme by Yusuf Fikri