Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fibby frolicks (somewhat) freely

        This past week has been somewhat of a drag since I've been oh so sick.. so I was happy as a clam when I woke up feeling the teeniest bit better yesterday morning. The other day I pulled into a parking space at the presumably people-free parking lot at my school and immediately hocked a giant loogey to de-mucus my pathetically sick self the second I opened my car door. Then I looked up to see the horribly disgusted face of this dude on his motorcycle in one of the surrounding spots near my car. It was pretty embarrassing.. so I awkwardly explained that I wasn't throwing up and then I ran away to class. I managed to have a less mortifying experience parking yesterday though and I got to class to find out that we are now watching all 6 episodes of The Walking Dead as opposed to staring blankly off into space and twiddling our thumbs for 90 painful minutes. I was ready to high-kick some zombies when I walked out of class and ran into my friend who mentioned something about the fact that it was Friday, which I was completely unaware of. Finding out it's Friday when you aren't aware is like.. receiving a present for absolutely no reason. All I gotta' say is, yesterday morning was golden.
        After I went home to hang out with Fibby for a little bit, I embarked on my journey of errands. I had a photo shoot today (I'll get to that later) which I had to find props for and Fibby needed some flea medicine. I managed to find some confetti and giant sunglasses.. so the props were a bust but that didn't really matter much because I only needed those two anyway. Petsmart was the highlight of my evening activities. It was there that I got not only Fibby's flea medicine, but also her new purple leash/harness and some Pet Head Feelin' Frisky waterless shampoo, blueberry muffin scent. I didn't have enough time before work to blueberry muffin-ize Fibby, but I did take her for her first walk. It was the first time she was outside since it was her home. It is safe to say that she is much happier in her new home because she greeted the outdoors as if the Kamikaze was going down in my front yard... or maybe she was freaking out about the leash? Either way, I sympathized for her because she is my love nugget and I let her take her precious time. She ended up getting out of her harness (granted, this is my fault for not realizing it was on wrong) and she ran into the garage to hide under numerous things that include the stupid fake christmas tree and the dusty, cob-web ridden badminton set. I coaxed her to come out of hiding to give it another go, put her harness on (correctly) as well as tightened it just to be safe, and although we didn't make it past my driveway, we did lay in the grass a while. 


She's staring at gnats buzzing around.


        When it was time for me to go inside to get ready for work, Fibby had to have one last spurt of insanity and she made a dash for the underneath of my car while I on the other hand thought we would casually walk to the door like a normal mommy daughter-cat pair. She was going for the tire. I guess that big hunk of rubber was just calling her name.

 She got her harness a bit dirty.

        After I pried her from the position she's in above, I set her on the ground again and she acted as if nothing had ever happened and proceeded on the short trek we were making to my front door. I'm going to keep walking her and eventually she should get the hang of it. The thing I like about having a leash is that I can take her with me places without having to worry about her having a potty. Cats are perfectly fine with popping a squat in sand, and that's sort of abundant here. Other than that it is just convenient and I like the idea of "Adventures With Fibby" <---- Soooooo coming soon (once she learns how to walk with it, which will probably take a while).
        The photo shoot I mentioned was for my senior portraits. It was ridiculously windy but it was also ridiculously fun. Maureen, my photographer/PWilly friend, did the shoot for me and we were playing a game of pass the cough drops the whole time. Obviously, I don't have the pictures right here and now to show you guys and I don't want to ruin the surprise so all you people are allowed know is that it consists of confetti and giant sunglasses among other things that I choose not to share at this moment in time. Now I'm zipping my lips, locking them, and throwing away the key. It's really hard to talk now, with my lips zipped up so I'll leave you there (ooooooh, cliffhanger). Keep your eyelids peeled for posts containing pre-adventure training with Fibby and the photographs from my photo shoot today!


Oh yeah, I just sprayed that pet head stuff on Fibby. She smells amazing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

 
© Copyright 2035 Fibby's Modern Life
Theme by Yusuf Fikri